The objectives are to bring a new lease of life to our historic church in the heart of Charmouth, to help meet the needs of our community and those of the huge annual visitor influx to the area, and to continue a thousand years of Christian presence. The approach has been:
- To look at the building and the churchyard and identify their essence.
- To look at the current needs of local people and visitors, and consider sensitive interventions which will provide a pleasant experience, meet needs, achieve sustainability, and can be operated by the people available.
- To look at appropriate uses within the context of a flexible space inside the church.
- To look at appropriate uses of the outdoor space.
- To consider the equipping, furnishing and servicing of the spaces to enable them to act as a serviced platform for initial and changing uses.
- To restore, relocate and interpret the many memorials and gravestones.
More detail on each of these items can be seen by clicking on the links.